Activate Your Instagram Business account
To be able to sell on Instagram, you’ll need to switch your account to a free Professional Account. You can’t sell in a personal Instagram account. The Instagram Shop feature is only available on Professional Account.
- Access Instagram with a personal profile or create a new profile and display the options with the three bars.
- Access the Configuration of your profile at the bottom of the desktop.
- It will ask you to choose one of the options, you should access the Account section and afterwards select the option to Switch to Professional Account.
- It will ask you to choose a business model, you have to choose the one describes you: “Creator or Company”. Right after, you will be presented with new tools. They will allow you to showcase your products.
- Now choose the page category that best describes what you do. When you choose, you can go back to your profile and see that the option of Promotions appeared.
Configure your page for selling
- From here you can configure the page for selling. Access your Instagram profile and display the options with the three bars. Then access again the Configuration of your profile.
- If you access now to the “Company” section you will be able to see the Register in the “Instagram Shopping” option. Select this option and right after you will be informed that you need to link a Facebook page.
- After selecting the Facebook page to be linked, the Facebook catalog of the page must be sent for revision. If no problems arise, a notification will be sent when the review is complete.
- When the review is complete you will be informed that you can now label products.
- Now when creating a new post you’ll see the option to Label products from your Facebook catalogue. And buyers who access your profile will now be able to see the labelled products.
- When you enter the product you will be shown the price and you can go on to the purchase by clicking on View on the website.
- Finally, the customer will arrive at the purchase screen where he will see the information about the SocialCommerce ad.